8 September 2011

German Apple Cake

I love apple cake, it is a very autumnal thing and being as it has felt autumnal for about 3 weeks now I think it is the perfect cake to be baking at the moment. I'll start off with a little disclaimer, I didn't bake this cake, Mr Giraffe did, but it was so yummy that it needed to be blogged about.


This recipe is from Honey & Jam - it is a very simple sponge with none of the usual spicing that most apple cakes have, the sponge is very buttery and light and the apples really stand out. The apples aren't peeled which works suprisingly well, especially if you have good quality apples.


I think we/I will be making this again soon!

5 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I love your food features! They always entice and make me hungry :-)

baa said...

Apple cake and plum cake are easily my favourites this year. Oh and lemon cake

baa said...

Lovely pictures by the way :)

Isobel Morrell said...

Hello there1 Used to chat on this team, but gave up while still trying to understand what I was doing. Not that I know much more now, but am enjoying blogging about my toys at www.coldhamcuddlies.etsy.com by writing about how I make, mend and otherwise create them on www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com. Am also trying to build up my Followers at the same time. Hope you'll call by and comment - they're always welcome. Cheers. Isobel

Unknown said...

Hello from a fellow Cambridge food blogger. Your recipes look seriously delicious, I am going to have to try a bunch of them out!