17 April 2008

New ideas and new earrings.


I came across these gorgeous yellowy orange melon beads and I just HAD to buy them, I’ve been looking for something a bit different for my shop and these were just the ticket. They are quite big and very bold. I’ve made some ‘Passionfruit Earrings’ with them and I think they match really well with the gorgeous natural amethyst I have used – perfect combination although something I didn’t think of til I saw the beads sitting together in my bead box!

I’m also working on a matching bracelet, slightly asymmetric, with a line of the yellow beads and a line of the natural amethyst – all on oxidized silver. I’ve been busy having a social life (for a change!) for the last couple of days so I’ve been itching to get back to my beads and finish of the bracelet. So check back soon!

I’ve also spotted those gorgeous melon beads in a lovely shade of Turquoise, and they are winging their way to me too, at the moment I think they would look lovely with a milky white bead.

0 comments: