20 August 2009

new blue things

I've been eagerly awaiting these beads, they are both very special and both my favourite kind of vintage beads.

These are vintage rough cuts or English cut beads, they are rare and very old, I would say probably 1950s. Each of the beads is hand cut so every bead and facet is different from the rest. It also gives the beads a beautiful chippy rustic look that I love.

The crisp blue works so well with brass so I put them together (straight away, I couldn't wait!) with this lovely golden chunky brass chain. The Capri bracelet is one of a kind and in my Etsy shop.


The second lot of beads are these dimpled textured beads that you may have seen in my shop before in different colours.


This time I have found them in a glorious deep midnight blue colour. As yet I'm not sure what to do with them but I'll keep you posted! I have just two of these beads so whatever I do make will be one of a kind or limited edition. They will also form part of my new Autumn collection.

If you are a newsletter subscriber stay tuned for a special offer on my Autumn collection, if you haven't subscribed already you can do so at the top right of this page :)

xx

2 comments:

Amity said...

Gosh, these really are stunning beads. :)

Kristen said...

LOVE the dimpled beads~ they're Beautiful♥