21 June 2010

tilly

I did a lot of things this weekend but unfortunately it ended sadly, our little cat Tilly died on Sunday morning from kidney failure. We knew she wasn't going to be around for a long time but it did come suddenly, hopefully she wasn't in pain for too long.



It has only been a day but the house does feel very different, she mainly spent her days sleeping in her favourite spots or lying out on the patio, it is strange to not see her curled up in her favourite places anymore.



I've tweeted about it and even put it on Facebook, I felt that was enough but I couldn't really blog about normal things either so I thought I'd mention it on here too.

We still have our other cat Jess who seems a bit forlorn without her, they got to accept each other slowly but were never cuddly to each other, but I think Jess might miss the company.



For now we have a nice holiday to look forward to in Somerset, staying on a farm with chickens, goats, llamas and horses. Will be nice and relaxing to go away after this sad weekend.

5 comments:

Quietly Otaku said...

Hope your ok, loosing a pet can be like loosing a member of the family. I'm sure Tily had a good life living with you.

Joy said...

I am sorry Deepa. We lost our old cat very recently too and it really is a much greater loss than you imagine it will be. Our other cat was a bit lost to start with, but now, he is getting away with murder and so affectionate its untrue. I too, felt the need to put my feelings into words. Hope you enjoy your holiday. It sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

so sorry

Laura Johnson said...

Sorry to hear about wee Tilly, hope you are all ok, take care.

tinebeest said...

Ow Deepa! Sorry to hear that, I remember when you first got Tilly and put her picture in your sig on the forum. I'm sure she had a most wonderful time with you, and is now chasing mice in the great garden/barn in the sky.